Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Annual Monarch Tag and Release Report

Hey folks, just an update on our Annual Tag and Release event here on the farm this coming Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017

So far, it has been apparent that the monarchs have basically completed their migration through our area a few weeks early,  As of this post, I do not have any monarchs available for tagging, nor have I seen any on the farm, but, I found an abundance of newly hatched monarchs near the farm on a large zinnia patch near our farm last week.

It is my intention to go back to this spot on Friday to see if I can capture some for our tagging on Saturday,  If I don't get any, then the event will be canceled on that day at the scheduled time of 1 PM.  Your only option would be to call us Sat. morning before 12 noon at 828-664-1166 to see if the event is on or not.  Sorry I cannot be more specific than that.



No comments:

Post a Comment