Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three New Events To Talk About!

Yes folks, we welcome the Hop Rod to our marketing campaign. Thanks to a matching grant from ASAP and initial design from my nephew Charlie Cort with final design and assembly by Precision Graphics in Black Mountain, we proudly unveiled the creation today on my vintage 1960 Volvo 544 that originally belonged to my Grandmother with 53.000 actual miles.
This vehicle is as unique as our farm is, no question about it.

The sleek design and Swedish integrity made this America's first truly compact car for the market. It's own marketing featured this car as the best floating car on the market if it fell into a lake or the ocean (go figure)! More pictures will follow.



The second thing I wanted to talk about was ASAP's Family Farm Tour. This seemed to be a great success to our farm. We increase visitation by about 30% from last year. Most of the time it was non stop and I was able to get the point across about our farm to about 130 people. Exhausting, but most beneficial.



Here is a quote for Beth who emailed just after her visit. She bought one of my native blueberries and wanted to know how to care for it.



"Your tour was great! I LOVE the butterfly house, and I knew absolutely nothing about hops before yesterday. What an operation! We only went to 2 other farms yesterday & none were as good as yours....Anyway I really admire your trying to preserve your families farm land as well as taking some really big risks while working really hard, I'm sure, & even maintaining a great sense of humor! Hang in there!"



Now that was the only email that I have gotten so far from the tour, but she said post it by all means. How could I not!



The third and final thing on the farm is our first hop harvest coming up next week. I have been in contact with Pisgah Brewing and they are ready as well. My harvest will not be as bountiful as last year, but the "wet hop" beer will happen again with this organic and locally active brewery.



Don't miss their wet hop beer, "Burnette's Brew", named after me of course. Coming later this month.

2 comments:

  1. "best floating car" --- love it! Can't wait to try Burnette's Brew, and want to come to the farm soon. Can't believe I haven't been since you started this venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burnette's Brew, huh? Can't wait to have a pint.

    ReplyDelete